Web Based E-Mail (OWA) – for Faculty and Staff
UT Faculty and Staff can check their messages from anywhere in the world via the Internet by using Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA). Using OWA eliminates the need to set mail preferences and profiles when using a computer other than your own.
» Login to Outlook Web Access
To use OWA you must have:
· A UT E-Mail address. The University of Tampa provides E-Mail addresses for all faculty and staff. UT E-Mail addresses are in this format: email@example.com (typically first initial last name). If you do not know your UT E-Mail address, call the Help Desk at (813) 253-6293 or x6293 from on campus.
· A computer with Internet access and Internet browser software.
You can find your UT E-Mail address by logging into SpartanWeb:
· Click on the link “Personal Info” (next to your name)
· Click on the “Biographical Info” tab that appears in the “My Info” section
· Scroll down to the “Other Addresses” section (If your UT E-Mail address has been created it will appear here)
To access OWA:
· Double click your browser icon (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.).
· Type https://webmail.ut.edu in the address (or location) box. This will bring up the Microsoft Outlook Web Screen.
· Enter your UT e-mail account username (i.e., jdoe excluding @ut.edu) in the login box and either hit the Enter key or click on the "click here" link. This will prompt you for your password. Remember, passwords are case sensitive.
· At the Outlook Screen, click on the Check Mail icon to check for mail. Please note: OWA will not download e-mail to the computer you are using, all E-Mail remains on the server.
· Has your mailbox exceeded its limit? Learn how to delete messages.
· Remember to LOG OFF (lower left hand corner of screen) when finished and close your browser.
For more assistance, see Using Outlook Web Access (PDF) or contact the Help Desk at (813) 253-6293 or ext. 6293 from on campus.